The new, revised GeoTec Event, taking place Sept. 29, 2011, in Vancouver, BC, will bring together users and executive decision makers in an educational and networking forum designed under the conference theme: “The New Geospatial Enterprise: Integrating Government, Research and Industry.”
We’re currently seeking qualified speakers to deliver timely, high-quality presentations (papers, sessions, panel discussions) that will fit into the following concurrent tracks: Geospatial Data Issues, Emerging Technologies and Integrated Case Studies.
All sessions must speak directly to the issues associated with application solutions, best practices or profitability (e.g., how to boost revenue, how to cut expenses, etc.). Proposals that do not illustrate one or all of these issues will not be considered for inclusion in the conference program.
Definitions of Presentations
* Formal Paper—30-minute presentation. Generally 20-25 minutes for the presentation, followed by a five minute question-and-answer period.
* Session—90-minute panel discussion or collaboration of three 30-minute formal papers addressing a specific topic.
* Interactive Case Study—90-minute session, generally with three speakers, each giving 30-minute presentations. The first presentation is usually the overview of the case study and products used; the second covers the technology used in the study; and the third is about the implementation, often from the customer’s perspective.
Terms & Conditions:
* All session proposals must be educational and noncommercial in nature. Proposals that promote a company or its products are inappropriate and will not be accepted.
* Presentations are limited to three per organization.
* Compensation/reimbursement is not provided for travel, lodging or other expenses incurred by speakers in connection with their attendance at this program;
* If one or more speakers cancel their appearance at the event, every reasonable effort will be made by the individual submitting this proposal to replace that person with a speaker with similar or better subject-matter expertise;
* Speakers will be required to furnish the program manager with a copy of their slide presentation, handout materials and any other media to be used during the session no less than five (5) weeks prior to the event;
* The program manager reserves the right to publish (both print and e-media) modified session titles and abstracts at their sole discretion. Event organizers also reserve the right to record the session for possible re-use.
Please click here to access the Abstract Submission Form.
Stay tuned to GeoPlace.com and the weekly GeoReport e-newsletter for further details!